Domestic Violence NSW is the peak, statewide representative body for a diverse range of specialist domestic and family violence services in New South Wales.
Operating from a feminist, social justice perspective we work to improve the spectrum of policy, legislative and program responses to domestic and family violence (DFV) and to eliminate DFV through leadership in advocacy, partnerships and the promotion of good practice.
Our work includes:
- Research, policy development, advice to government and the sector
- Support for the development and implementation of primary prevention and early intervention work and integrated responses to people affected by DFV that prioritise safety and wellbeing and hold perpetrators of DFV to account
- Advocacy and representation
- Training and education
- Support for the development of good practice responses and services
- Information dissemination to our members and
- Raising awareness in NSW communities
- Sector capacity building, consultation and coordination to enable better service delivery and well-functioning community organisations.
We also co-convene the NSW Women’s Alliance with Rape and Domestic Violence Services Australia.