We work on behalf of our members representing over 50 organisations across the state, including:
- specialist domestic and family violence services
- community and women’s health organisations
- community legal services specialising in working with victim-survivors
- non-government organisations that work primarily with victim-survivors
Our work includes:
- Advocacy, research, policy development and advice to government and services
- Dissemination of information to our members
- Training and information
- Awareness raising about DFV in communities
- Supporting primary prevention and early intervention work
DVNSW co-convenes the NSW Women’s Alliance, a group of peak organisations, networks and service providers working to improve policy and practice responses to sexual assault and DFV in NSW.
DVNSW also convenes Communities of Practice within our sector to bridge knowledge gaps and support better service delivery.