Since 2014, DVNSW has provided xmas gifts to women and children. And, as we’re nearing the end of 2019, Domestic Violence NSW (DVNSW) is again collecting xmas donations for women and children experiencing domestic violence. December can be a difficult time for many, particularly those who have fled or plan to flee domestic and family violence.
In 2018 DVNSW supported 528 women and 1,170 children from 32 refuges across metropolitan, regional and rural NSW. Our furthest donation delivery was to Wilcannia! This was an amazing effort and we hope to do just as well in 2019.
We’re looking for gifts for children across a whole range of ages from newborn – 18 years old, as well as gifts for adult women. There are also other ways to contribute that we hope you will consider.
Our most welcomed donations are $20 – $50 gift cards which provides women with the choice to purchase exactly what they need.. We always struggle with appropriate gifts for older children and teenagers which is why gift cards are an excellent choice. Gift cards also keep courier and distribution costs down. If you would like to contribute a gift card, please send it in a secure package clearly labelled CHRISTMAS to PO BOX 3311 Redfern 2016.
What can I donate?
- Toys, books, clothing, board games, sporting equipment, art supplies, puzzles, fluffy toys and gift cards
- Gender neutral gifts for children and teenagers are preferable.
Where do I donate?
Please drop your items to Kennards Waterloo at 866 Bourke St, Waterloo NSW 2017 on Tuesday 19 November or Monday 2 December between 9.30am-1pm. Alternatively you can buy a gift card and mail it to CHRISTMAS to PO BOX 3311 Redfern 2016.. Please note that DVNSW cannot pick up gifts.
- We do not accept second hand items, perishables, gifts depicting violence or themes of violence
- We cannot accept anything sharp like knives or scissors
- Due to courier costs we cannot accept gifts that are heavy or large
- Items need to be in their original packaging, with no damage
- Gifts need to be left unwrapped
- Mark gifts with age if it is not identifiable.
How else can I help?
- Hold a gift drive at your workplace, in your neighbourhood or with your family
- Volunteering at our sort and pack days in Redfern (WWCC and Confidentiality Form will be required) December 2 – 6, 9am – 4pm.
If you need further information or would like to view a full list of acceptable donations please contact Charlotte on 02 9698 9777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.