Homelessness NSW has a number of new programs with the launch of the new SHS L&D Framework; you can view the framework here L&D Framework for SHS. As part of the framework they have also released the CIMS on line training which works through all client areas of CIMs from the first meeting until clients are no longer needing services, you can access that here CIMS on line training
They have also released a new Skills Set from Cert IV in TAE for Training and Presenting for Aboriginal Staff which can be accessed via MTS here.
Could you please forward this also to any Aboriginal SHS funded staff so they can enroll within your network. This program runs over 5 weeks – 1 day per week and focuses on presenting skills and coaching. It maps against units of competency from the Cert IV Workplace Trainer and Assessor. For more information please see MTS here.
There are other new programs which services may not be aware of, for a complete list please log into MTS here. Many of the new programs came as a result of extensive consultation around what services requested as a priority; and Homelessness NSW has listed the courses running over the next month. They are listed below.
- Building Resilience for Aboriginal Staff – Wagga Wagga 4/11/19 (1 day)
- Building Resilience for Aboriginal Staff – Sydney 25/11/19 (1 day)
- Aboriginal Cultural Competence & Cultural Safety (for organisations to provide quality service for Aboriginal clients) – Liverpool 11/11/19
- Aboriginal Peer Group Supervision – Tamworth 5/11/19 (2 days)
- Training and Presenting for Aboriginal Staff – 1 day a week over 5 weeks in Sydney starting in November.
Young People Programs:
- Understanding Young People’s Development – Sydney – 8/11/19
Domestic & Family Violence:
- Domestic & Family Violence Toolkit & Family Aware Practice – Redfern – 29/10/19
- Domestic & Family Violence: Understanding the Impact on Children – Gosford 7/11/19 – 1 day
Case Management and Complex Needs:
- Accidental Counsellor– Newcastle – 2 days 8/11/19
- Child Protection 1: identifying and responding to risk of harm – Newcastle 23/10/19 – 2 days
- Complex Needs in Homelessness Sydney – 1/1/19 – 1day
- Double Whammy Co-occurring Mental Health & A&OD – Kempsey 31/10/19 – 2 days
- Motivational Interviewing Helping People Change 30/10/19 – 2 days
Please note that these courses are only available to organisations that are funded through SHS.
Eligibility for attending courses:
- Staff or managers must be DCJ funded SHS staff only
- Where organisations receive funding for a range of areas, only the DCJ SHS funded staff or managers are eligible to attend the DCJ SHS funded training
- All programs on the calendar have been funded by DCJ for SHS and are being tailored specifically SHS staff or managers and their workplaces
- All enquires to directly through to MTS who are contracted via DCJ to respond and manage
- If MTS do not have a response MTS will seek clarification on it and MTS will respond to the person making the enquiry direct
- To make an enquiry go to MTS via email MTS or phone 1300361787
Managers requesting courses for a SHS service, region or rural location:
- Where there is sufficient numbers of SHS funded staff or managers MTS can schedule programs from the calendar on a case by case basis in districts or rural locations
- Managers need to contact MTS via email MTS or phone 1300361787 to request
- Managers need to identify minimum participant numbers to run the program and ensure staff are nominated/enrolled on MTS system here once the course is added to the calendar.