DVNSW members work across the continuum of responses to domestic and family violence (from prevention through to crisis) including: outreach, safety planning and support, case management, advocacy, court assistance, housing and legal assistance, information, training and referrals.
The advocacy work undertaken by DVNSW is informed by the experiences and expertise of its members, the domestic and family violence sector and the interests of the women, families and communities affected by violence.
There are two types of membership options within the DVNSW Community. See below:
DVNSW Full members:
- Are not for profit and non-government organisations, and/or programs, and/or individuals within these organisations that endorse Our Watch’s Change the Story framework recognising the drivers of gendered violence and put into practice the DVNSW Good Practice Guidelines
- Are committed to a comprehensive and integrated professional response that places those affected by domestic and family violence at the centre of their response, prioritises their safety, and enhances their ability to make informed decisions
- Are able to articulate and can demonstrate that they have made significant progress towards implementing DVNSW’s Good Practice Guidelines
- Inform and drive DVNSW’s policy and advocacy work and can participate in governance and policy structures.
- Receive discounts and priority access to DVNSW’s sector development activities
- Are part of a strong, aligned and valued sector that is committed to continuously strengthening and improving responses to DFV throughout NSW.
DVNSW Associate members:
- Are individuals, programs, mainstream organisations, government, business, allies or other types of entities that support DVNSW’s vision but are unable to implement the two frameworks in their daily work
- Are informed of DVNSW’s work and invited to participate in sector development opportunities and receive discounts as appropriate.
- Are not eligible to participate in our governance activities
- Support the ongoing development of a strong, aligned and valued sector that is committed to continuously strengthening and improving responses to DFV throughout NSW.
You can read more detail about membership in our new constitution, which can be found here
If you'd like to understand more about our membership criteria, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org